PRIVACY & LEGAL STATEMENT COOKIES POLICY.
By entering Opel Springs and supported websites, you agree to all the terms and conditions contained below. These terms and conditions shall be subject to South African Law and the parties to any dispute or action hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African Courts. None of the information on this website is an offer to contract but is merely an invitation to do business. Merely sending an email to this website or its owner shall not create any binding agreement.
Your privacy is important to Opel Springs - (or “we”) as is your trust in Opel Springs’s products and services. We want you to know that the information you share with us will be treated with care. This Privacy Statement addresses what personal information we collect and how we handle the personal information shared with us.
This Privacy Statement applies to personal information we obtain from and about individuals interacting with Opel Springs and its websites, products and services. It does not apply to personal information we obtain in our capacity as an employer.
This Privacy Statement covers all Opel Springs controlled subsidiaries and affiliates in South Africa. Additionally, mobile applications have separate privacy statements, as described in the Mobile Applications section below.
As you interact with Opel Springs, there may be opportunities for you to provide us with your information. Additionally, we may collect certain information about you or your vehicle as further described below. You may provide us with information about you or your vehicle through a number of sources: Opel Springs websites, product and related events, test drive or other incentive applications, surveys, social media platforms, sweepstakes entries and through our customer call centres.
We receive information about you through vehicle sales records provided by your dealer and we may obtain, with your consent, data obtained from your vehicle’s Event Data Recorder (“EDR”) as described in your owner’s manual (i.e., how various systems in your vehicle operate, the speed and distance of your vehicle). For additional information about EDR data, please see your owner’s manual. We also may obtain information about you and your vehicle from Opel Springs affiliates, OPEL dealers, and Opel Springs licensees for consumer merchandise, Opel Springs financial partners and other sources such as companies that provide lists of potential vehicle purchasers and current owners, if such companies are permitted to share your information with us pursuant to their privacy statements.
The types of information that Opel Springs collects about you may include, but are not limited to:
- contact information (such as name, postal and physical address, city, province and postal code, email address and telephone number)
- vehicle information (such as vehicle identification number (VIN), make, model, model year, selling dealer, servicing dealer, date of purchase or lease and service history)
- vehicle performance data (such as engine and transmission performance, airbag deployment conditions or crash or near crash information about how a vehicle’s systems performed)
- demographic information (such as age range, marital status and household composition)
- non-credit-related marketing profile information (such as when you plan to purchase or lease; the vehicle in which you're interested)
- relationships you have with Opel Springs addition to the purchase and servicing of your vehicle
- incentive eligibility verification information (such as college name, branch of service or credit union name for vehicle purchase programs)
- Personal Identification Number (in limited circumstances Opel Springs may collect ID number, for example if you win a sweepstakes or receive compensation that must be reported for government tax purposes)
- investor information (name, address, phone number and email address)
- stockholder services information (such as account information)
- photographs such as those that you may submit for contests or sweepstakes use
The information Opel Springs collects about you and your vehicle will be used:
- to provide products and services
- to maintain customer relationships
- to operate Opel Springs websites
- to provide customer and vehicle support and service (such as recall information or warranty service)
- to provide information and product updates
- to evaluate vehicle performance and safety as described in the vehicle owner manual
- for safety and product research purposes
- to verify eligibility for vehicle purchase or incentive programs
- for marketing purposes
- to customize and improve communication content
- to comply with legal requirements
We do not represent or warrant that Opel Springs managed Websites and any other information or material contained in, downloaded or accessible from Opel Springs Websites, are free from computer viruses (including macro viruses) or any other defect or error which may affect your software or systems. You should protect your software and systems by installing and implementing your own security checks and systems.
Opel Springs uses administrative, technical and physical security to protect the personal information we maintain and to help ensure that it is used according to this Privacy Statement. We continuously implement administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect the information we maintain from unauthorised access as well as accidental or wilful manipulation, loss or destruction and to help ensure that it is used according to this Privacy Statement.
Opel Springs websites use “cookies” to remember user preferences and to maximize the performance of our website and services. Using cookies on our websites provides benefits to you, such as allowing you to maintain your account login information or contact information on Request a Quote forms between visits, or locating a nearby dealer. In addition, we may use information gathered from cookies to autofill fields on forms such as the city, province or postal code associated with your IP address. This information can be corrected by you before submitting any form or inquiry or you can disable the cookie as discussed below and the information will not be collected.
Similarly, we may also place Web beacons in our emails to measure the effectiveness of our email campaigns by identifying the individuals who open or act upon an email message, when an email message is opened, how many times an email message is forwarded, the type of software, device, operating system and browser used to deliver the email and any URL accessed through our email message.
To measure site activity and provide a better user experience, we may allow our service providers or business partners to compile information from the cookies, Web beacons or other technologies on our websites which may include information about your visit (such as demographic data, browser type, IP address, pages visited, activities conducted on the page and the day and time of your visit).
We may also allow third party advertising and personalization partners to use this information to develop personalized content and appropriate advertising based on your visits over time on Opel Springs web sites and non-Opel Springs web sites.
This information may also be used to evaluate our online advertising campaigns or to tailor promotions and other marketing messages to you.
At this time, we do not honour “do no track” signals from a web site browser. However, you may refuse or delete cookies. Please refer to your browser Help instructions to learn more about cookies and other technologies and how to manage their use. If you elect to refuse or delete cookies, you will need to repeat this process if you use another computer, or change browsers. If you choose to decline cookies, some of the functionality of a website may be impaired.
Opting out of relevant advertising will not opt you out of all advertising, but rather only those advertisements that are personalized to your interests by Opel Springs or its agents or representatives.
If you choose to decline cookies, some of the functionality of a website may be impaired.
Opel Springs will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the contents of all Opel Springs managed websites including but not limited to, pricing, images and offers, are accurate and up to date but does not accept any liability for claims or losses arising from reliance upon the contents of this website. The information contained on these websites is general information only and is subject to change without notice. Visuals may show specifications, accessories and options not available in South Africa or that may be available at an extra cost. Please contact your nearest Opel Dealer to confirm any changes or to discuss any specifically required vehicle features, advertised promotion, price or material on this website.